Saturday, June 13, 2009

Someone got my email password from my girlfriend, then used it to access my email. Can they be prosecuted?

They got some personal information but never used it (I think), and they deleted emails and contacts. But I looked at cyber crimes and they did not hack into my system, steal my identity, etc. It was just the one email account. What can I do?

Someone got my email password from my girlfriend, then used it to access my email. Can they be prosecuted?
The whole point of a password is you don't tell anyone what it is.





Specially not a girlfriend who will tell other people!





You cannot do anything about what has happened.


But I hope you will learn something from this.





Oh, yes. Change your password, now. And don't tell anyone what it is!

market research

No comments:

Post a Comment