Thursday, July 9, 2009

Which of the following uses passphrases rather than passwords for secure email?

Which of the following uses passphrases rather than passwords for secure email?





A.SSH





B. SSL





C. GP





D.IPSEC

Which of the following uses passphrases rather than passwords for secure email?
None. These are secure communication protocols. They use encryption keys - not "passwords" or "passphrases". Only an *application* (such as an e-mail or SSH client) can use passwords or passphrases to generate the encryption keys used by the underlying protocols.





In other words, it depends on the application. You can have, for instance, two different SSH applications - one of them using passwords and the other - passphrases.
Reply:I believe C should read PGP not GP. PGP would use Passphrases for secure email, file encyption, etc.


1 comment:

  1. love is the major reason to our existence but we often find ourselves in the wrong hands, and i am no exception as i learnt the hard way but i finally met the one......have been looking for every means to check my wifes phone cause she started acting strange cause she thought i lost my job,not knowing it was a test from me...but she never lets me hold or see it. I even tried to make a call once and she wouldn't unlock.. special thank you to everyone that referred Pagerhackconsults247 at gmail dot com to me.. I have access to her phone since she left for Paris. just doing the the quater i promised him after doing a great job for me.

    ReplyDelete